Saturday, January 17, 2009

prattle

Last night the girls went to see a movie with friends, so Todd and I got to go out on a date.  We went to Garden Ridge to look at some chairs that were on sale earlier in the week for $100 apiece.  They were theatre reclincers, but the price had gone back up, so no chairs.  But, let me tell you, I could spend bookoos of money in that place.  In fact, I may go back today.  

We went to Gino's for dinner.  As soon as the waitress put my water down on the table, I knocked it over.  Goober move.  Dinner was good.  We love that place. 

I've discovered lately that I want to plant flowers.  Not sure where that is coming from since I've never been interested in it before and I've killed almost every plant I've ever owned, even a cactus.  Now, mind you, I haven't acted on this inclination at all, so, so far, laziness reigns supreme.  However, if I keep feeling this way, I may have to actually do something about it.   Who would have thought?!?!  All I can think is that I'm getting older.  Hmmm.

Josi has a bowling tournament today, but we're not sure if she's going to get to bowl.  They put the kids with the higher scores in the tournaments.  She's got heart, but is still learning.  I just hope she sticks with it.  She made A's and B's on her report card for the first time this year, and I think it's because she is involved in the bowling.

Joy is setting a new world record for finding a way to send texts that cost money even though we're on an unlimited texting plan.  Ugh!!!  We've been talking about her grades.  Not a happy conversation, but we realized that her outlook on math has completely changed.  Where she used to hate math and fail, she is now passing and, while I can't say enjoying, she's looking at it differently.  Progress!!!

So, I guess I've run on enough for now.  Nothing exciting I know, but that means no drama and that's good too.

1 comment:

  1. My blogging has been sporadic lately. Maybe I should take up gardening.

    ReplyDelete